How to Wax Your Car Like A Pro
Owning a vehicle comes with many responsibilities, including keeping your vehicle in good condition. Now, there are tons of ways to do this, such as routine maintenance, safe driving practices, and perhaps the most overlooked, keeping your car clean. Besides washing the exterior and vacuuming the interior, one important step is applying a layer of wax to your car. Which is why we have a step-by-step process on how to wax your car like a pro!
Why is waxing my car important?
Waxing your car is a way to really help it look good and shine, however, that is not its most desirable aspect. By waxing your car, you can help protect the exterior from damage from dirt, debris and the sun. When tiny rocks bounce up from the road and hit your car, the wax provides a protective layer that will help prevent the small rocks from chipping your car’s paint or causing a scratch.
Steps on Waxing a Car
Apply the car wax on a clean buffer pad or towel.
- Evenly spread the wax on a small portion of the car, most recommend covering just one-quarter of a panel at a time.
- Follow the wax’s directions on when to remove the wax. Use a dry microfiber cloth to remove the wax.
- Repeat this process on the rest of the vehicle, being careful to not let the wax cake on the surface.
Pro Tip: use circular motions to apply and remove the wax! (Yes, just like in the original Karate Kid movie—Wax on! Wax off!)
Popular Car Wax Brands
- Aero Cosmetics Car Wax
- Liquid Glass LG-100 Car Wax
- Car Guys Hybrid Wax Spray or Liquid Wax
- Meguiar’s Ultimate Liquid
- Turtle Wax Super Hard Shell Paste
Continue to follow our blog for more useful tips and tricks for maintaining your Porsche!